This place requires a blog post all on its own. That's all there is to it.
I've eaten at several good places since being here, but Hot Doug's was THAT delicious....and I took so many pics that I it required special attention.
And so it begins....
The first blog post ( of what is going to be many) of delicious finds here in Chicago. Although, this one wasn't necessarily a find. I was told to come here, even before moving here. Then when I got here I kept hearing how I NEED to go to this place. And so I did.....and then I went again the following week....::sigh:: and you can bet your bottom dollar that I will return at least one more time before I leave...
But yeah, not a find.....
Everyone knows they need to come here!
And "WHY?", you may ask. Why do they need to come here? For their encased meats, gourmet hot dogs, and duck fat fried fries. YES! I repeat...duck fat fries. YUM!
The very first time I went.....I was super excited. I knew exactly what I was going to get, and I was going to wait however long it took. With very little convincing, I recruited a partner in crime to tackle the line of people waiting for delicious encased meat on a bun. We waited almost 2 HOURS!! Totally serious here. So if you plan to go...bring a friend. It helps to pass the time. Learning about which parts of the pig meats and sausages come from also helps to pass the time...
| one informative little piggy |
| oink, oink baby |
Once you start to see the colorful inside of this place you get excited! Or, well, I did!
As I said earlier....I knew, even before I arrived, what I was going to eat.....
| Foie Gras and Sauternes Duck Sausage w/ Truffle Aioli, Foie Gras Mousse and Fleur de Sel |
| Chicago style hot dog and duck fat fries |
| DELICIOUS! Look at how bright their relish is...neon green! |
Not the best pics, I apologize...all I had was my phone!
The following week we recruited one more person and she brought a person....AND we got there even before it opened. I also remembered my camera! We were golden. We definitely wouldn't wait that long...and we didn't. Maybe 45 min at the most. Here is some of what we consumed on this glorious Saturday!
| This was the rattlesnake sausage...I cannot remember what all was on it and it's not on the menu as I write this. It had cheese and fried onions on top...and it was delicious! |
| Apple and Cinnamon Pork Sausage w/ Curry Honey Mustard and Brie-Blue Cheese. This was, hands down, the best one of the day. |
| Chili cheese dog w/ sauteed onion |
So freakin good. I cannot wait to go back!!! I want to eat every specialty/gourmet hot dog they have to offer. And as determined as I am.... I probably will!
Check out Hot Doug's for yourself....and dear, sweet friends of mine...come visit me and let's go eat!

No comments:
Post a Comment