I love food!
LOVE! I don't even know where to begin when I discuss food because I lose my train of thought. I jump from one subject to another...totally excited.
Those of you who know me know that I relish in finding and tasting wonderful culinary delights. I'm always reading about and searching for new places and foods I haven't tried yet. I love learning about the chefs, cooks, bakers, pastry chefs, cake decorators...old and new. Those established in some high end, out of my budget restaurant and those who have made something out of very little, carrying on family traditions and making it their life work! I love to try to recreate some of the tasty things they have created.
I appreciate the love that goes into creating meals. The social aspect of gathering with friends and family and enjoying a well cooked meal. The thought put into it, the passion, the love....
The culinary world is an art. A wonderful delicious art.
I've been fortunate to have spent the past 2 months here in Europe and have consumed some delicious,
delicious foods. I've also had a lot of wine to go with those foods...but that's a whole other blog post! ;)
I'm am very surprised that I have not gained 20lbs. I should have, considering the amount of pommes frites, schnitzel, pasta, and pastries I have consumed. Here are some photos of some of the places I have been and the delicious foods I've gotten there.
WARNING! YOU MAY DROOL ALL OVER YOUR COMPUTER!
ITALY
 |
| street pizza in Italy is totally yum and inexpensive |
 |
| gelato from one of the MANY gelato shops in Italy |
 |
| my "to die for" seafood spaghetti dish...OMG was it delicious |
 |
| mussels |
PARIS
 |
| Macarons from Pierre Hermes |
 |
| raspberry and rose flavored macaron |
 |
| Some of the delicious pastries at Pierre Hermes...they were all so beautifully displayed |
 |
| kiddos eating their macarons, I am determined to turn them into little foodies :) |
 |
| they have the best ice cream, near the Notre Dame |
 |
| Jaiden Rae eating her red peach sorbet from Berthillon Glaces |
 |
| Escargot...a great way to start a french meal |
 |
| Duck confit |
 |
| Jaiden Rae enjoying her first meal in a French brasserie |
 |
| Gabriel enjoying his meal |
NETHERLANDS
 |
| Delicious cheese shop in Amsterdam |
 |
| CHEESE |
 |
| Cheese curds |
 |
| and more cheese.... |
So, what do you think? Delicious, right?!! I'm finishing up the last of my macarons as we speak. My culinary adventures don't end there. To be continued...... :)
OMG! Joie, the pictures look great, and the food looks oh my!! so delicious! the pictures of Paris look magical, those macarons look amazing!!!
ReplyDeleteHey Chrisnelle...I didnt know you blogged like this...with so much detail and enthusiasm...keep it up girl....I hope i can read more soon. Take care!
ReplyDeleteThanks you two!
ReplyDelete