For those who didn't know....I'm living in Chicago now!! I'm here to attend the French Pastry School's L'Art du Gateau program, which in English means, "the art of cake." Exciting, right?!
I have been here about 3 1/2 weeks now and have been loving every second. Well, minus the whole almost getting your phone stolen situation...umm...yeah...LOVING CHICAGO! The energy, the fall weather that recently arrived, Chicagoans, the buildings and other numerous things to see, the delicious, delicious places to go eat.....again I say, LOVING CHICAGO! There is a lot here that reminds me of Europe. Especially when I venture into the Lincoln Park area. Makes me want to hop on a plane after school has ended and go live with my father in Germany! Hmmm.....could I intern at a bakery there?! Anyway, I was very fortunate to have Shelly fly up here with me to help me get acquainted with this awesome city. We did some exploring, ate some yummy food, listened to some good music, and just enjoyed ourselves.
CHICAGO IS BEAUTIFUL AT NIGHT!
I have to say....I am quite blessed. I wouldn't be able to be here if it wasn't for James, my awesome family, and fabulous friends. All of you encouraged my decision and have made this chapter of my life easier to transition to and manage. However, I do miss my kids terribly, and for those of you who wonder and ask how I can leave them....well...I'm doing all this for them. Despite what you may believe. If I have to make sacrifices now in order to provide for them down the road...so be it. And they are being taken great care of by people who love them. Really, if I think about it...I don't owe any one an explanation...still. And you know what? It's only 4 months... there's a lot I can accomplish in that time. And guess what, I WILL. Because that's just how I roll! ;)
I plan to learn all that I can while I am here, and enjoy myself....have fun while doing it. And those of you who really know me...YES, I plan to eat my way through Chicago as well. So keep an eye out for that blog.....

No comments:
Post a Comment