It's finally here....the day I graduate from The French Pastry School. I'm so excited, I've even woken up EARLY. Actually, I think my nerves are getting the best of me. I am giving our Stream's graduation speech and I'm getting pretty nervous. I need to blog just because I'd hate to get up on that stage and start boohooing....UGH... Yes, I'm such a girl!
BREATHE JOIE....BREATHE....
A day full of excitment, joy, sadness, relief, accomplishment..... DELICIOUS food from the grand buffet! ;)
IT'S FINALLY HERE!
As of today, I am no longer a student....I'm "a fancy pants intern!" (Yes, Christie...totally stole the line you wrote to me!)
Such an exciting day and so very sad.
I wish all of my friends and family could be here.
I am overcome with joy that my two darlings are here and that they have spent the week in Chicago with me. Thanks to James for putting up with me so I could have them here.
My thoughts are ALL over the place....
STREAM 5!!!
Here's a few extra sentiments of what I wanted to say in my speech, but am not able to due to time restraints and/or, due to audience attendance, censorship.
What a fabulous group. I was looking at our photos yesterday and I also thought to myself....' What a GREAT looking group too!' :)
It really has been a pleasure these past 4 months. I'm glad I've have been able to get to know you. It's true that I don't know some of you as well as I would have liked...but...that's just how it goes... still... There are great qualities about each and everyone of you! And this is what I learned....
Leigh... such a joy to be around. So very nice and you don't sweat the small stuff. Jeri... I've heard you are hilarious and I wish I had gotten to see more of that side of your personality. Sweet and quiet...in my eyes. Your talent is unbelievable and you are amazing....Only good things in store for you...."Over achiever" (As Nayma would say!)
Shanetta....my first partner. I have to admit...a little intimidated when I first worked along side of you. I'm happy to have gotten to know you a little better. Always the comedian when we least expect it. We now will always think of our class as the "GHETTO class" Little VERONICA....so sweet! You are always so thoughtful. You blew it out of the park w/ your both your final cakes!! I can't wait to see how even more confident you become after your next 6 months as a Patisserie student. You really have amazed me these past 2 weeks! Chuck...my first good friend of the program and eating partner. It was a pleasure hanging out with you and explore some of Chicago's finest eateries. I wish you all the best in the future and can't wait to see what you do with all the info you've learned at school. Trinity... the girl with the gorgeous hair! ;) Enjoyed getting to know you a little more when you were my partner. Bringing even more laughter to the class room. You will do even more amazing work, I am sure. Jessica...another super sweet and quiet one. I'm glad I got to know you a little better after our poinsettia class. I hope your family is reunited soon and you make one fabulous cake after another in the future. From one former military wife to another military wife..... your doing an AMAZING job and I appreciate the sacrifice your family makes. Stay strong...I wish you all the best, to you and yours! Ashley....another "Over achiever!" hehe.... Your work is AMAZING...that's all there is to it. Your one to look for, in the future, of alumni news. Rachel P.... I sat in orientation by you and spoke to you ...but your still fairly quiet to me...however, I know there is more to you than that! ;) I have pictures to prove it! You will do great things and I can't wait to see what's in store for you. Christine....it was a pleasure getting to know you a little bit more at The Union League Club. You have some great qualities about you and your very talented. Very focused when you work and with what you want to accomplish... You will do amazing, no doubt.
Nikki....always optimistic. That's how I see you. You have a lot on your plate and you still manage. It's admirable. Good luck with your future classes and try to be more patient with yourself. You are no longer "just a cupcake" person. Thanks for your optimism. I enjoyed having you as a partner.
Jenny....my current partner....such a great individual. Loved getting to know you this last month and enjoyed hanging out with you after school. I don't care what others say..I don't think your mean at all! ;) So very caring...loved having you as a tableside cheerleader!
Who have I missed? WEEELLLL....the gals I've gotten to know the best.
NAYMA, RACHAEL, ERIN, YVETTE, EMILY.....
I don't know what I would have done without you all. Each special to me in your own individual way. Thank you for the laughs, the long talks, the eating out....thank you for allowing me to get to know each and every one of you.
Nayma...words cannot express how much your friendship means to me and how much I will miss you. I'm definitely going to make a trip to Switzerland... You have been amazing. You ARE amazing. I cannot work with out you!!!!! ;) Thank you my dear sweet friend. I will miss all your crazy questions to the Chefs and your funny stories! I can't wait till you open your shop! Chef Nayma!
Rachael....you are the person I grew close to first. Thank you for always listening and being supportive. You are a beautiful person, and there are great things in store for you. I will miss seeing you on an almost daily basis. I now have to find someone to share my jokes with...at least someone who gets it and can put up with it like you did!!!
Yvette...my crazy, crazy, beautiful friend. It's been a pleasure getting to know you TOOOOOO!!!! I wish you didn't have to LEAVE! We need to hang out more. We have not spent nearly enough time together. :( I wish you all the best. You have a sweet, kind heart hidden under all that exterior "toughness" I can't wait to see all your crazy, amazing cakes you create in the future. CACAW!!!
ERIN... YOU my friend are so very special. Not many people like you. And there needs to be more of you! So very calm and cool under pressure. Always seeing the bigger picture and making me realize there is so much more important things to be worried about in life...than cake and silliness. Thank you for that. I wish for GREAT things to happen in your life... and I'm not saying good bye just yet...because you have to put up with me for 4 more months!!!!!!! ROOMIE! ;)
Emily French.....another one who puts things into perspective for me. Glad I will have another 4 months with you as well!!! Thank you for being a great friend. I'm glad to have met you.... and to call you a friend!
Oh no....I'm running out of time! I woke up early and I ended up BLOGGING!!!
HAPPY GRADUATION DAY STREAM 5. And to all of LAG and LAP.... wish you all the best!!!!
11 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment